Thursday, November 13, 2008

Touch of Evil. Ew.

I hated Touch of Evil. Hated it!! In fact, I hated it so much that I don't know if I can say that I even appreciated it. It was choppy. It was boring. I felt like I was watching a circus freak show. Now, normally I would enjoy watching a circus freak show, but the weirdness stopped short of being entertaining so it was just...weird. And boring. It was like a mix between freak show and normalcy. I needed more freak show. And then there was the fast-pace/choppiness of the film. It made it seem like Welles was trying to make a boring plot more exciting by making it so hard to follow, but I just found it to be bothersome and unexciting

Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe I need someone to explain to me the "brilliance" in Touch of Evil...because all I know is that it was probably the worst movie-watching experience of my life. I feel like it's one of those films that people don't actually enjoy, but they pretend to enjoy it because they feel like they are supposed to. Like "oh it's so artistic, and Orson Welles is a genius, so I must like it!" Well sorry, but you can't fool me.

No comments: